02/02/2024 | 2.30 – Online
0 CHF – Open to public
As we progress in our ambitious year-long program with bi-weekly discussions, WAPPP is pleased to introduce the second session, focusing on the issues faced by Small-Scale Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs). Building upon our initial foray into defining the scope and nature of Small-Scale PPPs, this session aims to delve deeper into the complexities they face.
In this upcoming discussion, we turn our lens toward the multifaceted challenges inherent in the implementation and operation of Small-Scale PPPs. These challenges encompass financing and investment difficulties, expertise gaps, risk management complexities, and legal as well as preparatory hurdles. Additionally, we will explore the impact of these partnerships on community engagement and social dynamics at the sub-national level.
Our conversation will not only illuminate the hurdles faced by Small-Scale PPPs but also pave the way for future sessions. The insights we gain will be instrumental in developing practical solutions and innovative strategies, with the goal of making Small-Scale PPPs more effective tools in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Opening remarks by WAPPP President Ziad-Alexandre Hayek, and the presence of esteemed panelists:
• Amanda Loeffen, WAPPP Chair of the Water Chapter
• Syed M. Ali Zaidi, Chairperson of UNECE, Bureau of the Working Party on PPPs, UNECE Public-Private Partnerships
• Muhammad Kaleem Sindhu, Director and Partner at iConsult
• Sergei Samolis, WAPPP Co-Chair of the Eastern Europe & Central Asia Chapter
• Maya Boureghda Chebeane, Lawyer at JURISMED
• Marc Frilet, WAPPP Chair of the Legislative Framework Chapter
• Naresh Bana, PhD, psc, FIE, MIMA, MIPWE, WAPPP Chair of the South Asia Chapter
The session will be moderated by WAPPP Chair of the MENA Chapter, Nayef Alhaddad.
PPP practitioners interested in this important topic are encouraged to watch out for specific discussion session announcements.
Visit the website and follow WAPPP on LinkedIn to stay updated on upcoming announcements.
Please register using the link or by scanning the QR code: